This recipe is my grandmother's signature crowdpleasing brownie recipe. These brownies are rich, decadent, and delicious. It is absolutely fool proof!
4 Oz. unsweetened chocolate (1 whole bar broken into pieces)
1 cup unsalted butter ( 2 quarter pound bars)
2 cups sugar
1 cup flour, all purpose flour
2 pinches of salt
1 teaspoon vanilla
1. Oven at 350 degrees. Melt pieces of chocolate and butter in a saucepan over low heat. Stir mixture. After chocolate is melted, remove from heat and keep stirring until mixture is smooth.
2. Add the sugar and stir again until smooth.
3. Then beat in the eggs, and stir in, one at a time, the flour, the salt, and the vanilla.
4. Butter thoroughly a 9 x 9 baking pan, and pour the mixture into the pan.
5. Bake at 350 degrees for about 35 minutes.
6. Test doneness with a fork in the center after the 35 minutes to see if fork comes out dry or with just crumbs. If fork is showing wet chocolate, you need some extra minutes baking.
7. Let brownies cool in the pan, and when cool, cut brownies into 1 and ½ to 2 inch squares.